Indian Railways will modernise 138 railway stations in seven states: Chhattisgarh, Haryana, Jharkhand, Madhya Pradesh, Gujarat, Odisha, and Punjab. These stations will be redeveloped under the Amrit Bharat Station Scheme. The redevelopment initiatives adhere to the “Virasat Bhi, Vikaas Bhi” principle.
The plan aims for the long-term development of railway stations with contemporary facilities and environmental solutions. Prime Minister Narendra Modi laid the cornerstone on Sunday for the renovation of 508 stations around the nation. The cost of redeveloping these stations will exceed Rs 24,470 crores.
Here’s a list of stations to be redeveloped in Chhattisgarh, Haryana, Jharkhand, Madhya Pradesh, Gujarat, Odisha and Punjab:-
- Chhattisgarh: Bhilai Power House, Durg, Akaltara, Mahasamund, Raipur Junction and Tilda-Neora.
- Haryana: Ambala City, Bhiwani Junction, Faridabad, Pataudi Road, Hisar, Bahadurgarh, Jind Junction, Narwana Junction, Narnaul, Kalka, Rewari, Rohtak, Sirsa, Sonipat and Yamunanagar Jagadhari.
- Jharkhand: Bokaro Steel City, Chandrapura, Katrasgarh, Kumardubi, NSCB Junction Gomoh, Ghatsila, Garhwa Town, Nagar Untari, Hazaribagh Road, Parasnath, Koderma Junction, Latehar, Daltonganj, Garhwa Road, Barakakana, Hatia, Piska, Sahibganj, Rajkarswan and Manoharpur.
- Madhya Pradesh: Amla, Betul, Ghoradongri, Multai, Sant Hirdaram Nagar, Nepanagar, Khajuraho Junction, Junno Deo, Pandhurna, Damoh, Dewas, Guna, Ruthiyai, Dabra, Harda, Banapura, Itarsi Junction, Narmadapuram, Sihora Road, Katni Junction, Katni Murwara, Katni South, Shamgarh, Gadarwara, Kareli, Shridham, Biyavra Rajgarh, Vikramgarh Alot, Rewa, Saugor, Maihar, Shivpuri, Ganjbasoda and Vidisha.
- Gujarat: Asarva, Viramgam, Savarkundla, Palanpur Junction, Bharuch, Botad Junction, Kalol Junction, Keshod, Bhachau, New Bhuj, Derol, Patan, Bhaktinagar, Himmatnagar, Dhrangadhra, Surendranagar, Dabhoi Junction, Miyagam Karjan Junction, Pratapnagar, Vishwamitri Junction and Sanjan.
- Odisha: Angul, Talcher Road, Balangir, Harishanker Road, Kantabanji, Jaleswar, Bargarh Road, Barpali, Dhenkanal, Meramandali, Chatrapur, Bhawanipatna, Barbil, Balugaon, Khurda Road Junction, Lingaraj temple Road, Mancheswar, Damanjodi, Baripada, Khariar Road, Sakhi Gopal, Muniguda, Hirakud, Rajrakhol, and Rajgangpur.
- Punjab: Kot Kapura Junction, Sirhind, Abohar, Fazilka, Firozpur Cantt, Gurdaspur, Pathankot City, Jalandhar Cantt Junction, Phillaur Junction, Kapurthala, Dhandari Kalan, Ludhiana Junction, Mansa, SASN Mohali, Patiala, Anandpur Sahib, Nangal Dam, Rup Nagar, Dhuri, Malerkotla, Sangrur and Muktsar.